We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.
– Native American Proverb
1. Increase Value of Your Home: You could significantly boost the overall value of
your home just by making your home eco-friendly. By installing solar panels on the
roof top or adding a water-saving toilet and shower, you will not only save money
but create a perk for new buyers should you ever sell your home. Moreover, green
homes use sustainable materials that have low impact on the environment.
2. Massive Savings in Energy Costs: The U.S Department of Energy states that if
buildings were all green-improved that the U.S. would use $20 billion less energy
every single year. You can also receive discounts by making your home a greener
one. These energy savings can come up as part of fixing small things in your home
or office that can reduce your energy consumption. For e.g.: just by running your
washing machine full loads, you can reduce significant amount of water and power
during each cycle.
3. Save money on your water bill: You can also potentially save hundreds of
dollars on your current water bill. Purchasing Energy Star appliances as well as
water-saving plumbing systems will consistently save you hundreds of dollars on
your water bill on an annual basis.
4. Green Homes are More Durable: When you create an eco-friendly home, you
are creating a more durable one. Recycled products have the tendency to last over
five times longer than traditional materials. This also means that you will save more
money on maintaining your home.
5. Improve Your Health: By purchasing an eco-friendly vehicle and home you
could be decreasing the amount of pollutants that get into the air. This makes both
the indoors and outdoors have cleaner air for you to breathe. Ultimately, you will
be breathing better air. Improved health means less spending on insurance
products and hospital bills.
6. For Your Kid’s Future: In the long run, you are doing the right thing for the
environment. You are creating a cleaner and brighter future for your children and
7. Clean and Green Environment: When you go green, you are effectively
reducing your carbon footprint. By reducing pollution, you are reducing the amount
of energy that is being used and creating a greener and cleaner environment.
8. Recycling Helps You To Be More Creative: Not only do you save energy as well
as money but you have the opportunity to create useful items out of recycled
materials. This helps you to become more creative and come up with new ways to
be energy and material efficient. Buying less and buying used products are also
9. Breathe Healthy Air: Using all-natural products makes you a healthier person.
When you will be healthy, you are going to be more productive at workplace. The
less chemicals the products you use have in them, the less toxins you and your
family are breathing in. Everything from household products to cosmetic products
can be purchased as an eco-friendly product. Green homes have better indoor air
quality as paints and cleaners are low in volatile organic compounds which makes it
comfortable for home-owners to breathe.
10. Self-Sufficiency: Going green can help you to be less reliable on fuels and other
harmful toxins. You will become self-sufficient and be able to create new and
innovative ways to get back and forth to work and save energy in your home. Living
a sustainable life requires make use of renewable energies and other resources.
11. Boost Economy By Eating Green: Eating green means eat local, organic and
seasonal products. Eating green food have global consequences. When you buy
and eat organic food and dairy products, you can boost local economy and reduce
greenhouse gas emissions required to get that food on your plate. Eating organic
food will also make you a healthier person as it does not contain harmful
chemicals, pesticides and added hormones. Organic farming means responsible
land use and farming practices.
12. Reduce Electric Bill: By switching to renewable energy sources like solar
panels, you can save considerable amount of money every month on your electric
bill. Green alternatives like CFL’s, LED’s and energy-saving door and window
fixtures use less energy and by replacing traditional bulbs with these, you can save
energy and money.
13. Increase Productivity: Going green saves you from toxic products and
environmental pollution. This helps you to live a healthier lifestyle which eventually
increase your productivity both at workplace and at home. When you breathe
polluted air, you are actually inhaling toxic chemicals present in the atmosphere
that could affect your body’s immune system to fight against infections.
14. Save Rainforests: Every year a large area of rainforests goes towards
developing of roads, highways, townships, and agriculture. In short, due to increase
in urbanization, people are using the areas covered by rainforests for their own
interests. Similarly, several trees are axed to produce a ton of printing and writing
paper. Rainforests act as air purifiers and are lifeline for thousands of plants and
15. Reduce Carbon Emissions by Green Travel: When you choose green mode of
transportation either by car pooling or public transportation, you actually reduce
your carbon emissions which helps you to reduce your carbon footprint. Using less
number of vehicles on road means less pollution in air and less money spent on
gasoline and car maintenance.
16. Making Stuff Requires More Energy: Preparing a stuff from scratch requires
more energy and thus has an environmental impact. By choosing green products
that are made up from recycled materials you can reduce your carbon footprint
and that will also reduce the amount of waste that goes to landfills.
17. Green Products are Non-toxic: Green cleaning and skin products do not
contain toxic and harmful chemicals. When you choose to use traditional products,
think of all those chemicals that enter your body
18. Increase in Business if Product if Eco-friendly: If you are running business,
going green can help you to attract more customers. Consumers will jump on board
if a company or product is eco-friendly. If you market your business as an
environment-friendly one, then people are definitely going to buy your product.
19. Set as an Example For Others: If your business goes green, your employees
will be much happier. Employees will grow to appreciate the gestures and see that
you care about the environment and you may even be able to pass good habits
20. Nature Took Care of Us; Its Time To Pay Back: The world is not going to be
around forever. The longer that you take care of it the longer it will last. Taking
small steps such as recycling and saving energy will benefit the Earth for a much
21. Going Green Will Make You Feel Happy: Going green makes you a happier
person. You will feel better about yourself as well as the people and environment
around you. You will feel a sense of accomplishment for doing something positive
for our earth. By going green you are teaching a valuable lesson to your children as
well as their children. You are teaching them how important it is to be kind to
nature and the environment which is something that can be passed on for